Angels (天使, Tenshi) are celestial beings that live in Heaven, and are rarely seen in Assiah. The with the demons, who is ruled by Satan as the God of Demons, Heaven is ruled by an entity called Yahweh, the God of the angels, and the suppose maker of the universe.
The angels appears in the fan-fiction, Blue Exorcist: The Ones Above.
Angels are beings that dwell in Heaven, a world of pure holy, and light within the 6th dimensions of the realm. Heaven is the polar opposite to Gehenna, and is said to be above Assiah, as Gehenna is somewhat "below". However, unlike Gehnna, no one can step into Heaven without the acceptance of an high-class angel (Seraph or Archangel).
Angels are seen as peaceful, benevolent spirits are helps humanity, and make miracles onto Assiah. Many exorcists believed they had seen angels just before their suppose death, and would often try to locate one, but always fail.
Like with the demons, angels are also classified by their affiliations with one the eight Archangels, and are also referred to as being that Archangel's "kin". The Eight Archangels are as follows.
- The Archangel of Light (光の大天使, Hikari no dai tenshi) are those are represents, and controls the light/holy energies, who has shown affiliation with angels such as Seraph, Alectrona, Helios and Eos.
- The Archangel of Healing (治癒の大天使, Chiyu no dai tenshi) are those who represents, and able to heal wounds of mortal or demonic nature, who has shown affiliation with angels such as Sanitatum, Grigori and Curatio.
- The Archangel of Messengers (メッセンジャーの大天使, Messenjā no dai tenshi) are those who represent, and carry massages throughout the world, and who affiliation with angels such as the Celeritate.
- The Archangel of Death (死の大天使, Shi no dai tenshi) are those who represents, and conducts those who is "fated" to die at some point in time, written in the Word of God, and those who shown affiliation with angels such as the Reapers.
- The Archangel of Rage (怒りの大天使, Ikari no dai tenshi) are those who represents the anger "rage" of humanity, and gains power from every rage they absorb, and those who show affiliation such Wrath and Iracundia.
- The Archangel of Literature (文学大天使, Bungaku dai tenshi) are those representing intelligence, and those who strictly follow the Word of God, and those shown affiliation such as the Cario.
- The Archangel of Love (愛の大天使, Ai no dai tenshi) are those who represent love and compassion of the world, and those who show affiliation is such as the Cherubim
- The Archangel of Valor (勇気の大天使, Yūki no dai tenshi) are those who represent the brave, and soldiers of God against the demons, and those who shown affiliation such as Imperius and Valorian